Once you have NPC’s and such in your house/village you will see that there are some items which require a lot of gold to purchase, so this post is going to be a list of easy ways to get gold in Terraria without hacking/cheating, just some good old fashioned farming.
Quick Tip: Holding down the right mouse button will buy large quantities of the same item quickly.
- 1 Wood + 1 Slime Gel = 3 torches. 1 torch will sell to the merchant for 10 Copper, so an entire stack of 99 torches will sell for 9 Silver and 9 Copper
- 10 Cobwebs = 1 Silk. 1 Silk will sell for 2 Silver, so 1 stack of cobwebs (25 silk) will sell for 50 Silver
- 2 Sand = 1 Glass = 2 Bottles. 1 Bottle sells for 20 Copper. This means that each block of sand is worth 20 Copper.
- 2 Lesser Healing Potions can be made from 2 Bottles, 2 Slime Gel, and 1 Mushroom. 1 Lesser healing potion will sell for 40 Copper. It is more efficient to just sell the bottles, especially considering how useful potions are
- Gems currently cannot be crafting into anything other than Phaseblades, so selling any gemstones you get is recommended (if you wish to make a Phaseblade simply save 10 of any gem (I recommend saving the cheapest ones as the type of gem currently only effects the color))
Smelted bars always sell for more than the raw ore. (1 Copper Ore = 50 Copper, 1 Copper Bar = 1 Silver 50 Copper)It takes 3 copper ore to make 1 bar, so you gain nothing.
Some tips for more advanced players:
- Create a new world (small size is recommended) and go to the ends of the world on both sides, there are usually chests underwater (BEWARE: if you don’t have flippers this may not be the best idea to try, you may drown) which will contain rare items. These items will sell for a pretty penny
- Creating multiple small worlds is a very good way to get ores, gems, and rare items very quickly provided you are well enough equipped. Large worlds seem to spread everything out more rather than give more to find, so small worlds is the way to go if you want to work quickly.
- If you are able to make an obsidian farm or somehow mine it safely and easily you can craft multiple obsidian helmets which sell for 54 Silver a piece. (20 Obsidian = 1 Obsidian Skull, meaning each piece of Obsidian is worth 2 Silver and 70 Copper.) Raw obsidian has no sell value.